The Education Board was formed in 2006 to encourage City of Moberly employees to undertake education programs to improve or maintain job performance, enhance potential for advancement as a result of identified career goals, and selectively augment personal and professional development.
The City reimburses up to a set level of expenses incurred by any employee who has successfully completed an approved course of instruction. Successful completion of a course means a grade of “B” or better for undergraduate courses, and a grade of “A” or better for graduate courses.
How Do I Apply?
In order to apply for education assistance, you must do the following:
- Fill out the Application Form (PDF)
- Fill out the Assessment Worksheet (PDF)
- Attach a one page essay with the application explaining how the City of Moberly will benefit by furthering your education and how it relates to your job at this time
- Turn in all paperwork to the Personnel Office 45 days prior to starting school semester / trimester
- The Education Board will then review the applications received and will make the final decision
- Applicants will be notified by letter whether or not they have been accepted
- If applicant is accepted and the semester / trimester is completed, then she / he will need to submit final grades for reimbursement
- Failure to provide required paperwork disqualifies the employee for one year from participating in the education program
- For further information, you may reference the Personnel Manual, Appendix F, Education Policy, page 76 through page 82.
Where Do I Acquire the Proper Forms?
These forms may be turned into the office of Personnel. Any questions can be directed to City Hall at 660-263-4420.